Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Load Work Paying Off

2 posters

Go down

Load Work Paying Off Empty Load Work Paying Off

Post by Hanshi 10/7/2021, 2:36 pm

Months after the retina surgery on my dominant right eye it appears to have stabilized.  Vision is still fuzzy but that big floater is gone and so is the blind spot in the center (by & large).  Now this target was fired at only 22 or 23 yards, but then I sight all squirrel rifles in at 25 to 30 yards max.  I think this group would still look like this at my normal distances.  My .32 SMR is once again showing me what it can do.  Accuracy is excellent with 40 grains of Goex 3F, but that's a bit much for tiny tree targets.  I was gifted half a pound, maybe a little more, of Swiss 3F and tried that using 20 grns (volume) with my last 10 or 12 .311 balls.  The thumb size group was produced with those just before packing up.  The two "flyers" are a puzzle as I don't know if they were part of the group shot with Swiss or remnants from offhand shooting with various Goex charges.

Just for clarification I'll relate this.  We went to the DMV (BMV in Maine) for license renewals; read that my real ID so I can fly.  My squeeze quickly took her eye test passing through it speedily.  When My time came I was bouyed by her performance and finally had settled nerves.  Imagine my shock when I looked into the viewer and realized I couldn't make out any of the numbers/letters in the top row.  I paused several long seconds and slowly started guessing, going back a time or two to change a guess.  Then the second and third line which appeared to brighten slightly.  I was slow but must have gotten close to all of them correctly because I passed it.  That's the state of my right eye with the left being well under 20/20 but not as bad as the right.
Right click photos to enlarge.
Load Work Paying Off DSC00492

Load Work Paying Off DSC00402
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Load Work Paying Off Empty Re: Load Work Paying Off

Post by Buck Conner 12/7/2021, 9:02 am

Eye sight starts to fade with age, in your case your lucky your not using a white cane after seeing your test results. Just kidding bud, take care of your eyes, get tested, get glasses if needed, good luck ...
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 12/7/2021, 9:36 am

Aging can be tough on the eyes & ears, that's for sure. My hearing isn't that bad, for the most part but the audiologist recommended hearing aids. Too costly to outright buy them so some research is in order. Vision is definitely worse than hearing. The fully blind area in the right is mostly eliminated or at least enough for me to see front sights better. I still have to wear reading glasses when shooting to get rid of the fuzz. Add the ra, degenerated spine and knees, etc, and everything becomes a challenge. Interestingly, however, I am very healthy to be in the shape I'm in. Shocked

I try to remain in good shape as can be maintained. Mostly I owe my good health to 70 years of - much milder the last 10 years or so - very intense physical training. But to my knowledge there's nothing that stops the progression of the SNAP - CRACKLE - POP! of movement or attempted movement. Mad
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down