Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Scopes

3 posters

Go down

Old Scopes Empty Old Scopes

Post by Hanshi 26/4/2022, 1:21 pm

I don't know how many of you remember the old steel-tube "Weaver" scopes but they were favorites of mine and I own three of them that I bought back in the early 1970s. All are still mounted on rifles that get used a lot. They were tough with clear optics and I never had a problem with them. Now they are made overseas and out of aluminum tubing. I have plenty of other makes of optics and most of them are also at home on rifles.

Just thought I'd bring this up since little is now manufactured in the US any more. I have Redfield, Leupold, Burris and several others represented in the safe. I liked them and still miss them although I have mine already. If anyone would like to comment please do.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Old Scopes Empty Re: Old Scopes

Post by Buck Conner 31/5/2022, 1:18 pm

I still have a few of the Weavers on kids rifles, Leupold really took over the market today, then Burris jumped in - all higher priced than many of the manufacturers.

Old Scopes Bottom47
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 31/5/2022, 5:52 pm

I agree Buck. Most crap coming out of China is just that...garbage. Now they can hold us hostage for parts. Automotive, appliance, electrical, computers, cell phones, computer parts, steel, and the list goes on!!
I have mostly Nikon and Leupold. Seem to hold up well. But you have to buy the expensive scopes that are made in USA. The cheaper Leupold, etc. Chinese made! Those old weaver scopes were pretty darned good and held up very well.
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 3/6/2022, 6:09 pm

I have a few scope style items to sell you guys may like. I will add them on the sales section for your viewing pleasure.

Check out the items for sale - DISTANCE GAGING TOOLS

Old Scopes Resear17
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 5/7/2022, 11:48 am

My 4X weaver on a Kimber Custom Classic .22LR.
Old Scopes DSC00431
3X Weaver on a Marlin M1894 .44mag.
Old Scopes PICT0672-1

I only have a very few rifles so most of the scopes are in their boxes stored in the basement; including another 4X Weaver.  The one on the Kimber I sent back to Weaver to change the focus from 100 yds to 50 yds.  It shoots one hole groups at 50 yds.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 12/11/2022, 1:38 pm

Buck Conner wrote:.

NOTE

BURRIS CORP

Uffda and several of us owned 300 acres on the border of CO and WY 12 miles from Laramie, Wyoming. All of us liked the area, made the mistake of showing the wives our one and only tree (that was the end of that story) !@#$%^&* Listed property and here comes Burris Corp out of Greeley Colorado.

They purchased the ground, we doubled our money and moved on. Burris wanted the place for an employee place to hunt antelope and there are lots of them ...

Old Scopes Lorran11

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum