Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smokeless & Real Black Powder.....

4 posters

Go down

Smokeless & Real Black Powder..... Empty Smokeless & Real Black Powder.....

Post by Mustang65 8/4/2022, 2:51 pm

If you are looking for smokeless powder for your modern firearms, or, real black powder for your muzzleloaders, and are having difficulty finding either, take a look at this!

I was looking for H4895 for my modern rifle. went to "GUN BROKER", unbelievable prices!! 1-LB $179.00 affraid !! Then I just did a search of gun powder and various brands and types showed up. Saw 5LBS. of one powder at over $300 affraid ! So happy I stocked up in 2016-2020!
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Needmore Guns likes this post

Back to top Go down

Smokeless & Real Black Powder..... Empty Re: Smokeless & Real Black Powder.....

Post by Winter Hawk 8/8/2022, 6:10 pm

Wow! I still have enough smokeless to last several years, and enough black they can use it to send me to the moon when I kick off....

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 8/8/2022, 7:08 pm

Winter Hawk wrote:Wow!  I still have enough smokeless to last several years, and enough black they can use it to send me to the moon when I kick off....

~Kees~

Same here Very Happy cheers
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 8/10/2022, 9:31 am

The cost of powder has gone through the roof. Been asked about a conversion between the two. There's no such thing as a conversion formula from black powder to smokeless. Here's how smokeless powder loads come about ... the factory black powder load is tested for chamber pressure and velocity. Then a smokeless powder charge is worked up until chamber pressure and velocity are about the same. The size of the case, weight and diameter of the bullet, and of course the type of smokeless powder used will all have an impact on velocity and chamber pressure.

Basically, you have to depend on reloading manuals where the publishers have pressure testing equipment and chronographs to actually test each different load.      By Lowegan

Interesting, thank you sir.

/
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrstyk 8/10/2022, 4:29 pm

I count myself lucky in that 15 years ago there was a fire at a local hardware store. This store also sold hunting, fishing and reloading stuff. The owner of the store was cleaned up after the fire and most of the smokeless powder cans were sooted up from the fire. I was giving him a hand cleaning the place up and the owner knew I did some reloading since I had bought stuff from him in the past. I asked him what he planned to do with the powder, bullets and primers that were still good just sooty or water damaged. He said he was just going to throw the stuff out as his insurance would cover his losses. I told him I would take it all. I got about 200# of various smokeless powders, thousands of various caliber bullets, and umpteen number of primers of all sizes. I sold a bunch of the stuff that I didn't want or shoot over the years, but still have a good supply of components. Just hope there is never a raid on my house cause they will say I have an arsenal of stuff.

Fyrstyk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 8/11/2022, 9:21 am

Fyrstyk wrote:I count myself lucky in that 15 years ago there was a fire at a local hardware store.  This store also sold hunting, fishing and reloading stuff.  The owner of the store was cleaned up after the fire and most of the smokeless powder cans were sooted up from the fire.  I was giving him a hand cleaning the place up and the owner knew I did some reloading since I had bought stuff from him in the past.  I asked him what he planned to do with the powder, bullets and primers that were still good just sooty or water damaged.  He said he was just going to throw the stuff out as his insurance would cover his losses.  I told him I would take it all.  I got about 200# of various smokeless powders, thousands of various caliber bullets, and umpteen number of primers of all sizes.  I sold a bunch of the stuff that I didn't want or shoot over the years, but still have a good supply of components.  Just hope there is never a raid on my house cause they will say I have an arsenal of stuff.
Just register as a democrat and the law will never touch youSmokeless & Real Black Powder..... Crying12
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down