Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Critical Necessity

3 posters

Go down

A Critical Necessity  Empty A Critical Necessity

Post by Hanshi 1/23/2023, 3:36 pm

I cannot imagine going into the woods without one of these in the patch box or in the shooting bag. It's an accessary for any BP hunter.  

A Critical Necessity  419b-Gx-BJV-L-AC-SY580
Hanshi
Hanshi

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

A Critical Necessity  Empty Re: A Critical Necessity

Post by Mustang65 1/23/2023, 6:30 pm

Hanshi wrote:I cannot imagine going into the woods without one of these in the patch box or in the shooting bag.  It's an accessary for any BP hunter.   

A Critical Necessity  419b-Gx-BJV-L-AC-SY580
Love those candy bars!!! Tootsie rolls, Payday, Reeses Cup, Pretty much anything with chocolate. cheers
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 1/24/2023, 10:16 am

Ah, yes.  I'm a "chocaholic".  I keep a jar full of Ghirardelli dark chocolate in the kitchen and can't remember the last time I let it run out.  I have to have dark chocolate nearly every day for my fix.

A Critical Necessity  839bde20-23f5-4da9-9592-a4494b28ca9e-f1cb608b9e8f0d0e1dc9c21fc12930ba
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 1/24/2023, 1:01 pm

Hanshi wrote:Ah, yes.  I'm a "chocaholic".  I keep a jar full of Ghirardelli dark chocolate in the kitchen and can't remember the last time I let it run out.  I have to have dark chocolate nearly every day for my fix.

A Critical Necessity  839bde20-23f5-4da9-9592-a4494b28ca9e-f1cb608b9e8f0d0e1dc9c21fc12930ba
Oh man, you got that right! I love dark choclate...my favorite....the ole' candy dish is always handy.
A Critical Necessity  Chocla10
Mustang65
Mustang65

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 1/28/2023, 1:23 pm

Yeah, dark chocolate was supposed to be so healthy and now they say it's bad for you, too much of some mineral the plants absorb out of the soil.  Only one (supposedly) not affected is Ghirardelli.  Maybe the research which found this problem was paid for by them?

~WH~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 1/28/2023, 6:42 pm

Winter Hawk wrote:Yeah, dark chocolate was supposed to be so healthy and now they say it's bad for you, too much of some mineral the plants absorb out of the soil.  Only one (supposedly) not affected is Ghirardelli.  Maybe the research which found this problem was paid for by them?

~WH~
I trust my tastes and my science, not theirs.
Remeber when: eggs were bad, coffee was bad, butter was bad??? They apparently aren't to intelligent.
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 1/29/2023, 1:22 pm

You just have to understand that healthy & not healthy simply go up and down like a rollercoaster. Orange juice used to be very healthy and helped the body resist cancer. Now it's bad for you period. Fruit juices are currently nothing more than sugary liquids and to get any benefits one has to eat the whole fruit. I can count offhand maybe three different times when coffee was bad then switched to good??? Dark chocolate, wine, eggs, fruits and green vegetables are nutritious unless grown/produced in contaminated areas. A while back broccoli was found to have a toxin which made it instant death, according to the dimwits. But we with thinking brains know better. I drink what amounts to 3-1/2 8 oz cups of coffee every morning. Jitters? Sorry, but it is a mild sedative for me. I don't necessarily react to most drugs, unlike my squeeze. Most pain meds do nothing for pain in my body while at the same time put most others over the moon.

My suggestion is that since we can think critically about things that nearly all vegetables are good as well as fruits, eggs and chocolate/coffee. Simply by knowing that for the vast majority colesteral in the body is not affected by colesteral in food. It's manufactured by the liver and a too fatty diet causes it to build in the blood stream. True, the Earth is being relentlessly poisoned and washing all veggies is a good idea. Remember, what was bad for you a few years ago is good for you now, and vice-versa. Too much sugar, carbohydrates and fat can cause problems as will smoking, drinking too much and motorcycle racing. Yes, I'm fed up with all this offal and rarely pay it much attention.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Winter Hawk and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 1/29/2023, 5:16 pm

A Critical Necessity  Kfcchi10

Mustang65
Mustang65

Winter Hawk and Hanshi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 1/31/2023, 12:53 pm

It seems like the apostle Paul in one of his letters to Timothy said something to the effect that he may "eat all things, but all things in moderation." Or something of the kind. Smile

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 1/31/2023, 1:11 pm

Winter Hawk wrote:It seems like the apostle Paul in one of his letters to Timothy said something to the effect that he may "eat all things, but all things in moderation."  Or something of the kind.  Smile
When it come s to dark chocolate, there is no such thing as moderation, unless it's moderately fast. cheers
Mustang65
Mustang65

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 1/31/2023, 1:20 pm

Dark chocolate RULES! Well it seems that the "Snickers" bar is the most popular candy bar in the US. I can understand that even though I very rarely eat candy. When I still hunted I'd carry a Snickers into the woods but most any chocolate bar would have sufficed.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 1/31/2023, 1:25 pm

Hanshi wrote:Dark chocolate RULES!  Well it seems that the "Snickers" bar is the most popular candy bar in the US.  I can understand that even though I very rarely eat candy.  When I still hunted I'd carry a Snickers into the woods but most any chocolate bar would have sufficed.
I agree Hanshi.....dark chocolate rules!
However, I do like Heath bars every so often, and I could wipe a candy machine that had Bit-O-Honey.
Hell, now I have to go to the store and stock up before it all disapppears affraid lol!
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 2/14/2023, 3:08 pm

Winter Hawk wrote:It seems like the apostle Paul in one of his letters to Timothy said something to the effect that he may "eat all things, but all things in moderation."  Or something of the kind.  Smile

Hmmm....I think it was eat all things in moderation that you can get in your mouth. Smile
But then I'm not an authority on the bible; Shooters Bible maybe.

Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 3/1/2023, 11:27 am

I was at Walmart today, and saw that 35 cent candy bars are now going forover $2.00. I couldn't understand when my dad wouldn't buy a 35 cent candy bar because he used to get them for 15 cents. Now I fully understand!

Winter Hawk

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 3/1/2023, 1:14 pm

I'm old enough to recall "nickle cokes" and "nickle candy bars". I remember the time when cokes went up to a dime. Many swore they'd never drink a coke again. After a time all that was forgotten until the next BIG price increase. As for plant foods (and other types) they can contain E-coli from dumb choices of fertilizer. One big dairy farm was told fertilizer from a paper mill was safe and free. Well, it seems the refuse from the paper mill contained massive amounts of "forever" chemicals and it had leached into the water table and poisoned many people's water wells. All the milk was recalled and safely disposed of, the cows were, I guess, also "disposed of". A huge area of land was tainted with poison and nothing could be grown there. The DF&W put out warnings NOT to eat deer or any other game that came from that wasteland.

I fully believe that "moderate consumption" of wine, coffee, chocolate, veggies and most other things are good AND good for you.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 3/2/2023, 7:43 am

Hanshi wrote:I'm old enough to recall "nickle cokes" and "nickle candy bars".  I remember the time when cokes went up to a dime.  Many swore they'd never drink a coke again.  After a time all that was forgotten until the next BIG price increase.  As for plant foods (and other types) they can contain E-coli from dumb choices of fertilizer.  One big dairy farm was told fertilizer from a paper mill was safe and free.  Well, it seems the refuse from the paper mill contained massive amounts of "forever" chemicals and it had leached into the water table and poisoned many people's water wells.  All the milk was recalled and safely disposed of, the cows were, I guess, also "disposed of".  A huge area of land was tainted with poison and nothing could be grown there.  The DF&W put out warnings NOT to eat deer or any other game that came from that wasteland.

I fully believe that "moderate consumption" of wine, coffee, chocolate, veggies and most other things are good AND good for you.

I fully agree with you. Gorging ones self is never a good idea and leads to all kinds of health problems. That goes for food and drink. And as for drugs the word "DOPE" comes to mind for a damned good reason.
If you want to see your city or town turn into the biggest crap hole like in Colorado, let them legalize drugs!! Crime skyrocketed! Traffic deaths going up and up! Drug related deaths skyrocketing! Vagrants sleeping and deficating in the streets!! Crimes of all sorts ignored by law enforcement due to bureaucratic bungling!!!
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 3/12/2023, 9:34 am

Here in Maine weed is legal both medically AND recreationally. CBD oil does NOTHING for me but the full Monty is the only drug I have for pain - and I have severe chronic pain 24/7 - I don't like to smoke it, too harsh, but sometimes just 3 or 4 puffs does a wonderful job relieving pain. There are also the THC drops and a friend gave me some fudge laced with weed which was very nice. I'm tired of living with all this pain (ra and crippled back) but the pain management doctors I go to tell me it's far too late and there is nothing that can be done for it. I'm on infusions with a new drug for the ra but due to covid I've missed all but two loading infusions. And right on schedule the swelling and hand pain came back with a vengeance. I'm actually very healthy it's just that the superstructure is rusted and falling apart.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 3/13/2023, 10:55 am

Hanshi wrote:Here in Maine weed is legal both medically AND recreationally.  CBD oil does NOTHING for me but the full Monty is the only drug I have for pain - and I have severe chronic pain 24/7 - I don't like to smoke it, too harsh, but sometimes just 3 or 4 puffs does a wonderful job relieving pain.  There are also the THC drops and a friend gave me some fudge laced with weed which was very nice.  I'm tired of living with all this pain (ra and crippled back) but the pain management doctors I go to tell me it's far too late and there is nothing that can be done for it.  I'm on infusions with a new drug for the ra but due to covid I've missed all but two loading infusions.  And right on schedule the swelling and hand pain came back with a vengeance.  I'm actually very healthy it's just that the superstructure is rusted and falling apart.

If marijuanna helps your pain ease that's a good thing I guess.
However, with any drug that is either a hallucinogen, etc. it should be regulated by the FDIC.
As you know, I'm not a real advocate of government agencies, but unregulated drugs lead to exactly what I said above.
Also the cost of Marijuana would probably be a hell of a lot less expensive, and could be covered under health care programs.

I don't discuss any of my medical issues online, but I can assure you, I have my share. You take care Tom and stay well.
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 3/13/2023, 11:49 am

The drops work great as well. We use THC salve which is applied externally and that helps sooth joint pain.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum