Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never pass on the chance to look at old chests

Go down

Never pass on the chance to look at old chests  Empty Never pass on the chance to look at old chests

Post by Buck Conner 22/5/2023, 2:08 pm

Never pass on the chance to look at old chests ...

Never pass on the chance to look at old chests  Header14

Never pass on the chance to look at old chests when given the opportunity. An old “War Chest” as an uncle called it was made available for my viewing pleasure over the weekend. Beat up and in hard used condition but all in tacked, good enough for me.

Had the usual items we all have stuck away from years gone by being a hunter and spending much of his time living out of his chest or out of the back of a 1950’s Chevy “Woody” station wagon. Most items were well used but valuable to their owner, one item caught by eye …

This was kind of neat because of its age and content. A Game Law book from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania dated 1937-1938. In fair condition and being from the state I found the rules interesting and had met Mr. Seth Gordon (Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Game Commission) in his later years. He was a friend of the family plus my grandfather had worked for him when he was still in office.

Most of the rules of 1937-1938 were the same as seen today (that’s a surprise). The differences were in the available game to hunt and many negative items about trespassing.

I tried to get my cousin to give me the “War Chest”, that didn’t fly even with a $20.00 bill I laid on the work bench !@#$%

All I got to do was take a few pictures of the Game Book (that’s better than nothing). Memories of days gone bye …

Never pass on the chance to look at old chests  Game_l10

Never pass on the chance to look at old chests  Skills15

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

uffda likes this post

Back to top Go down