Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution?

4 posters

Go down

The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution? Empty The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution?

Post by FrontierGander 17/2/2024, 8:39 am

I may have found the ultimate cleaning/swabbing solution! Thunder cloud with ballistol I bought from Walmart, mixed with Birchwood Casey no.77 muzzle magic cleaner.
Over 20 shots today, no cleaning " I used Bear Paws patch lube" and before I loaded up to head home, I swabbed the bore clean.
Literally one patch clean up! I'd imagine mixing straight Ballistol into the No.77 cleaner would offer the same results.
The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution? 42838710
The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution? 42836610
FrontierGander
FrontierGander
Admin

https://bs-bp.forumotion.com

Hanshi, uffda and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution? Empty Re: The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution?

Post by Buckabeer 18/2/2024, 7:37 am

What is thunder cloud?

Buckabeer

Hanshi and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution? Empty Re: The ultimate Cleaner-Swabbing Solution?

Post by Hanshi 18/2/2024, 12:20 pm

Yes, Thunder Cloud? And all from Walmart? If I get by with 10-12 patches when I clean now I'm a happy camper. But if I ever do it with only two patches I'll probably be convinced it's magic. But being OCD would make it hard to change at that.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 18/2/2024, 2:16 pm

Thanks guys, I was afraid I was the only one in the whole world who had not heard of Thunder Cloud.  And I haven't seen Balistol at Walmart either, although that may only be our local store which runs out of stuff and then doesn't restock it....  Mad

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 19/2/2024, 10:07 am

At first I thought the reference to "Thunder Cloud" was about an American Indian Chief!
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 19/2/2024, 10:12 am

It sounds like you meant a Ballistol/Thunder Cloud can be bought already mixed?? And Ballistol/BC #77 is just as good even without the TC mixed in?/ I do fine cleaning with water but it's never a 2-patch routine.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontierGander 19/2/2024, 10:55 am

Yes thunder cloud is premixed with ballistol.

Thunder cloud is just the brand.
FrontierGander
FrontierGander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckabeer 20/2/2024, 5:44 am

That's the answer to my question.
Thank you Sir.

Buckabeer

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontierGander 20/2/2024, 6:41 am

I'm having a super hard time finding that TC with ballistol, so I'm thinking they discontinued it? Not a huge deal. Add a little ballistol to the no.77 and you'll be set.
FrontierGander
FrontierGander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down