Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years.

+2
Winter Hawk
Buck Conner
6 posters

Go down

America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years. Empty America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years.

Post by Buck Conner 25/2/2024, 10:22 am

America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years.

The Remington gun factory, the nation’s oldest gun manufacturer, is closing its doors in New York after over 200 years and moving to Georgia.

This decision will result in about 300 job losses in the town of Ilion, leading to a significant economic impact and loss of community identity.

“Two hundred and eight years of history. Gone, gone,” Ilion, New York, Mayor John P. Stephens reported. “Ilion is Remington. Remington is Ilion.”

“When Remington leaves, it’s not going to be like a facility leaving, it’s going to be like part of your family has moved off,” retired Remington employee Jim Conover said.
The move is attributed to New York’s restrictive gun laws, with company officials expressing excitement about relocating to a state that supports the Second Amendment.

“It’s like the town is losing its soul. It’s almost like losing a family member. That’s the thing that people are struggling with nostalgia, the history. It feels like we are losing the identity of the town,” Stephens said.

“I’ve spoken to a few businesses, that’s the part financially that’s going to hurt. Even if it’s only 300 people, they still buy gas, they still buy shoes. That’s going to be a hit to the local businesses,” he added.

The shift mirrors a trend of gun manufacturers moving from the northeast to southern states, with Smith & Wesson relocating from Massachusetts to Tennessee last year.
“Hochul must stop her unconstitutional assault on the Second Amendment now,” Rep. Elise Stefanik said. “We are very excited to come to Georgia, a state that not only welcomes business but enthusiastically supports and welcomes companies in the firearms industry,”

Rem Arms CEO Ken D’Arcy stated. “Everyone involved in this process has shown how important business is to the state and how welcoming they are to all business, including the firearms industry.”

Now this is just history, sad to see this happen to another firm.

America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years. Sign-o43
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years. Empty Re: America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years.

Post by Winter Hawk 25/2/2024, 8:39 pm

New York lefties are probably celebrating!

Winter Hawk

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years. Empty Re: America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years.

Post by Mustang65 26/2/2024, 8:28 am

That is wonderful. When the south is manufacturing all the ammunition and firearms, the communist states can starve. More and more businesses are moving to the free states. They reap what they sow!!
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Buck Conner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by uffda 26/2/2024, 3:32 pm

Here is my 2 cents (ya know, the copper plated coin with Lincoln's head on it), the solution is the congress to make the law, and the Supreme Court to once and for all time, to rule on the constitution and bill of rights. And then the executive branch to enforce it! Furthermore the punishment of lower courts, lawyers, and members of the legislative branch, well...throw them out to those hungry wolves here in Colorado. The worry here now is those wolves may wander into Wyoming, where they will be shot on sight. Hey, even " the worms gotta eat". There's my rant.
uffda
uffda

Mustang65 and bbc like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 29/2/2024, 9:15 am

uffda wrote:Here is my 2 cents (ya know, the copper plated coin with Lincoln's head on it), the solution is the congress to make the law, and the Supreme Court to once and for all time, to rule on the constitution and bill of rights. And then the executive branch to enforce it! Furthermore the punishment of lower courts, lawyers, and members of the legislative branch, well...throw them out to those hungry wolves here in Colorado. The worry here now is those wolves may wander into Wyoming, where they will be shot on sight. Hey, even " the worms gotta eat". There's my rant.

???
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 23/3/2024, 11:53 am

I agree that when you're not welcome in one place move to where you ARE welcomed with open arms. I'm a native Georgia Cracker. Just to make sure we're not thrown into the same basket with the states that have totalitarian laws, Maine, Vermont and (I believe) New Hampshire are very firearm tolerant.
Hanshi
Hanshi

uffda and bbc like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bbc 24/3/2024, 12:02 pm

uffda wrote:Here is my 2 cents (ya know, the copper plated coin with Lincoln's head on it), the solution is the congress to make the law, and the Supreme Court to once and for all time, to rule on the constitution and bill of rights. And then the executive branch to enforce it! Furthermore the punishment of lower courts, lawyers, and members of the legislative branch, well...throw them out to those hungry wolves here in Colorado. The worry here now is those wolves may wander into Wyoming, where they will be shot on sight. Hey, even " the worms gotta eat". There's my rant.

Interesting Uffda ,,,

America’s oldest gun maker closes after 200 years. Manyna17

bbc
bbc

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down