Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH

2 posters

Go down

Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH Empty Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH

Post by Buck Conner 2/3/2024, 3:47 pm

Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH

The Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association referred to as CSMLA is holding its "THIRD POSTAL MATCH" for members of this association. 25 yards off-hand, no rests or supports can be used.

I think I cheated, shot three targets, and picked the best one. Shot target (see attachment) with light yellow paper behind the target (makes it easier for judging with yellow showing through), old Ron Long trick.

I used to run these types of matches for the CSMLA and this site, along with handling the Squirrel Shoot in Masonville.  The gentleman handling this has his hands full with taking on this task, I thanked him for his efforts from one that has been there.

Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH Csmla_66

Uffda, I finally got that little original .32 caliber squirrel rifle out (the best idea of this year so far -SMALL CALIBER no recoil), did a good cleaning, and warmed her up. It still has fast ignition thanks to Doc White's tuneup and bore freshened. The wife wasn't happy about the amount of time it took to get a good target !@#$%^

Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH Antiqu11

This a like gun to the one we have, about the same condition.

Wish we lived closer to Jonathan and Stan so we could burn some powder together like old times. Man, did we go through the black powder, balls, and patches in the 90's and the start of 2000? If we weren't shooting, we were casting balls, cutting patches, or testing.

Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH Me_sig13

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

FrontierGander and uffda like this post

Back to top Go down

Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH Empty Re: Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association - POSTAL MATCH

Post by uffda 3/3/2024, 2:02 pm

Nicely done. That little rifle can get it done. Nice target. Yes we did go through power and ball. Really got crazy when we got the Buffalo guns cranked up. Wish we were all closer together too. Course my old idea of my perfect homestead would have a wrap around porch and I can just lay it out over the railing and plink away, and nobody complains.
uffda
uffda

Buck Conner likes this post

Back to top Go down