Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden Ownership

Go down

Hidden Ownership Empty Hidden Ownership

Post by Buck Conner 25/7/2021, 9:17 am

Hidden Ownership

As most know my family has collected (I've mented this several times), they bought, sold, traded antiques for over 150 years.

Like my Dad would say: "We have had some good items but more than likely much as been pretty average". The best antique firearm (well used but still in use) came out of West Virigina's hill country around Wheeling. My Father and a few of his buddies would gather up several dozen 1892 and 1894 Winchesters with a few case of ammo for these rifles (trading stock). Place an add in local papers, pay kids in town to post flyers on fronts of business places and do handouts a day before the "buy, sell, trade event". "You could not believe what came out of the hills for 40 miles around" per my Dad and his friends.

After several years of doing this event and once checking and going over the trades in our garage (4 car parking under the house). They would find a few rifles and handguns with ownership papers hidden within the weapon. They had the same problem with item disappearing then like now - stolen. When our group found a few they started really paying attention and examined these firearms closely.

• The science of firearm and toolmark identification has been a core element in forensic science since the early 20th century. Although the core principles remain the same, the current methodology uses validated standard operating procedures (SOPs) framed around a sound quality assurance system. In addition to reviewing the standard procedure the FBI Laboratory uses to examine and identify firearms and toolmarks, we discuss the scientific foundation for firearm and toolmark identification, the identification criterion for a “match,” and future research needs in the science.

They never got that heavy into where or what the firearm may have been involved in, just checking for a known value was where they were.

That said here are a few likely hidding place they found when checking for anything unusual.

Hidden Ownership Underl11

Hope I didn't waste your time, just a little note to keep in mind when looking at antiques anything.

Laughing   Mad
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

T.E. Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum