Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many years have you been out and about ...

5 posters

Go down

How many years have you been out and about ... Empty How many years have you been out and about ...

Post by buck 27/6/2021, 2:09 pm

How many years have you been in the field hunting, getting involved with different sports or items like cars.How many years have you been out and about ... 50year10
How many years have you been out and about ... 50year10
How many years have you been out and about ... 50year11

All of us have different and interesting hobbies, jobs and life styles.
buck
buck

http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/

Winter Hawk likes this post

Back to top Go down

How many years have you been out and about ... Empty Re: How many years have you been out and about ...

Post by toot 1/7/2021, 9:35 am

65+ yrs. still going strong.

toot

Back to top Go down

How many years have you been out and about ... Empty Re: How many years have you been out and about ...

Post by buck 1/7/2021, 9:58 am

Hey Toot,

To answer your question:

1950-2000 hunted for 50 years very hard core (never missed a season for big game and small game). Was lucky enough to have private farms to hunt on.

1955-2005 was on the ground at least once a month year round in a primitive camp with friends. We even hunted primitive as well as lived throught the different seasons. Would try and make all the major events in the area. Served as an Officer for the State Muzzle Loading Association for 12-14 years.

1957-2007 was involved with drag racing either driving or checking vehicles at a drag strip as an offical. Raced for a Mopar dealership for 5 years in the 70's. Usually 7 months of of each year had you on your (creeper) or hanging over a fender if not driving.

Lots of hard work with working a full time job, then trying to fit hobbies in too. I got that done but cost me three marriages with unhappy campers ...  Crying or Very sad   Rolling Eyes I've been told I was very selfish ... Razz
buck
buck

http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrstyk 1/7/2021, 10:14 am

Been hunting for 50 years for both big and small game. For the last 25 years I have hunted almost exclusively with traditional muzzle loaders, and for the last 5 years with flint locks only. I hope I don't regress any further, cause my shoulder will not be able to pull back a bow.

Fyrstyk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 1/7/2021, 10:51 am

I started shooting at critters some 65 plus years ago. Started with BB guns then pellet guns. When the 1960s came around I was into black powder and that's what I hunted with. Got interested in these "newfangled" cartridge things and added them to the mix. Before the 60s ended I owned a few caplocks and a flintlock. For a few years I hunted with both flint and percussion; but for the past 15 years it's been exclusively flintlocks. I still like my two percussions a lot but just don't hunt them.

Never was particularly interested in cars or motorcycles, just roaming the bush was what I enjoyed. Got interested in martial arts at 13 or 14 and eventually became a professional. I'm still involved since i have longtime students whoes M/A careers I still help guide. Retired now, but am only a 75 year old kid.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by toot 1/7/2021, 11:58 am

buck, now that is an impressive record. in about 1950, my father took me out with an old 10 bore WINCHESTER, shot gun, and he would take a stout stich and hit / bang the base of an oak tree hat had a squirrels nest in the top. and when the critter ran out he was fair game. never to shoot one sitting on a link. well when the squirrel ran out I touched off that old 10 bore with brass hulls in it I dropped the gun and that ended my hunting career for a wile. dam that thing kicked, I am in my very late 70's and I still remember it. toot.

toot

Back to top Go down

Post by toot 1/7/2021, 12:00 pm

fyrstyk. remember that rock locks rule! even cap locks are also good! yes my shoulders are also shot!!

toot

Back to top Go down

Post by toot 1/7/2021, 12:02 pm

hanshi, 65+ seems to be the magic # for some of us. that was so many yrs ago!!!

toot

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofish 1/7/2021, 6:56 pm

I guess I would have to say about 65 years for me also, as my brothers and I started hunting pheasants at a very young age in Nebraska. I started the muzzle loading though at only just over 50 years ago.

Mofish

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 2/7/2021, 1:53 pm

BB guns, .22s, shotguns & pellet rifles came first for me. I was out of HS by the time I found muzzleloading.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by toot 3/7/2021, 5:20 am

Hanshi, great that you found muzzle loading.

toot

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down