Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working On Family History

3 posters

Go down

Working On Family History Empty Working On Family History

Post by Buck Conner 26/9/2022, 10:30 am

/
SUBJECT: Working On Family History

I was given the job of keeping our family history (both sides: mother and father), mounds of paperwork and legal documents. I'm looking at 1500 to present time frames ... WOW This is an unbelievable amount of work as most of you will agree. If you're like me, I seem to be the only one with any interest in putting this information in order? I asked for help from the few members of the family left, no reply. Then I was silly enough to ask my daughter, again no reply and the grand kids weren't interested. In thirty years or so they will have questions, to late I'm gone to another place ...

With this said I started a family genealogy, so the records, dates and important information is written down and put in order. You start doing such a project you'll be amazed at the term-oil our families have endured in getting to this point (every family has suffered through out getting to this time period).

In the settling of this land most of our families had some with the local natives (most of those contacts were not good - attacks, family being taken capacitive, etc. ....) Some of these events would make good story lines for Hollywood.

Overall, I have found my families on both sides very interesting and hope one day my daughter and her kids find this documented information interesting enough to take the time to read it at least once. Then my efforts weren't in vain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are any of you experiencing the same response with your research and family interests? Talk about the lack of interest (another double WOW ). [lack of partition]. !@#$%

Working On Family History Resear38
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Needmore Guns and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Working On Family History Empty Re: Working On Family History

Post by Mustang65 26/9/2022, 11:18 am

I never have done any genealogy on my family history. Never knew my grandparents on my dads side, they died at young age. I know my grampa on my mothers side came from Poland, but I believe my gramdma on my mothers side was born here in America. I really don't know if I trust any of those genealogy programs on line.
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Needmore Guns likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 26/9/2022, 1:21 pm

O'CONNOR ~ CONNER FAMILY HISTORY ~ 1734 -2004 - Ireland to America. ~ I was given articles, newspaper clippings, family Bibles and a ton of paperwork from lawyers, law suites, and anything else they had gathered, I mean many boxes of this stuff from Ireland. 1734 is correct date.

BAYER - BOYER FAMILY HISTORY 1740 -2003 - Holland to America ~ Germany dating back to the mid-1500's. I packed this stuff around for 60 years then decided to start trying to put in order and double/triple check everything collected. Surprisingly most the information, birth records were close or correct. The records one Aunt handled with some parts my mother had messed with (they tried to make members more important than they were). Other words non found crap ... 1740 is correct date.

In the eastern states (colonies) PA, NY, NJ you see Indian attacks all the time. In our two families
alone these seem to happen all the time.

Working On Family History Indian10
Here's an example ...
Working On Family History Page_110

In this book are the forts that were always having issues.

Never relied on the genealogy programs online, we have Ancestery.com up the street from us and found their records are questionable. They were good early on then they let anyone put information in without checking correctness. Now you have more Dukes, Kings and Queens than common people (baloney).

With my family records it has taken many years for just my father's side. Now starting on my mother's side, if I live long enough, I'll do my wife's family. Screw the other two wife's they can do their own.

When reading Pennsylvania History, these settlers (families) had some bad times with the Indian raids and family members either being killed or captured.

Interesting family items that most members don't care about if there isn't something in it for them. !@#$%^ "A" Holes ...

Working On Family History Resear39

Last edited by Buck Conner on 29/9/2022, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 28/9/2022, 2:08 pm

I have a family tree my Opa (Grandfather) put together back in the 1950s. Someone else updated it to 1965. Just a couple of days ago my cousin sent me a link to a genealogical site with information up to this year, and it looks very reliable. BUT, it's in Dutch.... I wish you well in your research!
~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 29/9/2022, 9:11 am

Winter Hawk wrote:I have a family tree my Opa (Grandfather) put together back in the 1950s.  Someone else updated it to 1965.  Just a couple of days ago my cousin sent me a link to a genealogical site with information up to this year, and it looks very reliable.  BUT, it's in Dutch....  I wish you well in your research!
~Kees~

I have had the same issue with information in German (High and Low), had to have an old friend tell me what I was looking at. Thank for Bob's help in getting this done. You may look on the Internet for a language converter system ...

Working On Family History Resear41
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 11/10/2022, 6:50 pm

I do still speak Dutch, but we came here in 1950 so, while my folks and I always spoke it at home, my command of the language is rusty. I have a number of books which I reread from time to time just to keep what I have.

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 18/10/2022, 11:19 am

I'm done with my family name research (printed, bound and delivered to daughter). Now working on my mother's side of the family tree (a few surprises with grandfather's pass). I'll share that with you a little later.

See ya ...

Working On Family History Resear47
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down