Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME A FRIEND

Go down

WELCOME A FRIEND Empty WELCOME A FRIEND

Post by Buck Conner 20/10/2022, 10:23 am

Here’s a way to use this idea to help get everyone interested.

* “TRY SOMETHING NEW”

WELCOME A FRIEND Starte10

Welcome a Friend ...

Us “Males” seem to never tell a good friend how much they have helped ...

I'm terrible with taking care of this, whether a family member or an old friend. As time moves on the chance of doing so gets slimmer and slimmer of ever being done.

A good example of this is:

Stan is always mentioning his sons. Many of us never talk about what others have done to make their lives better! I'm terrible with mentioning a good friend and giving credit where credit it due ...

This last health issue and the issues I experienced brought this to mine (maybe being in pain after surgery helped bring these thoughts to the surface?) I'm sure I'm not the only one that has these thoughts, males tend to not speak or share such things (macho thing I guess).

Give this some thought guys and then please reply ...  Thank You .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At my age and looking back I have been pretty much of a loner, relations with family were close to zero (older ages and different interests), most school friends were busy with other interests (sports, other activities). The few friends I had (some turned out to be losers - users, others did nothing of intertest).

40 Years Later:

A young guy shows up at my muzzleloading store in 1980's, an open mine and taking in everything he could about the primitive lifestyle that the store was all about. Every day after work he comes here (think his old Jeep pickup knew the way).

He's in the middle of a divorce and dealing with that, so many of us know how that goes.

I have a gentleman that runs the store (ex-Navy Seal missing his right arm left in Nam). Ben is a real piece of work, always has something going on that puts a smile on everyone's face (employees and customers of all ages).

The gentleman mentioned is blown away with what goes on at this location, he can't stay away (we were his place to be, his home away from home). If he didn’t show up we were concerned, even started calling his house.

Soon as this young guy comes into the store, he goes to the coffee pot to make a new brew. Always willing to help, then he’s looking for something new that just came in, never a dull moment.
The guy I mentioned is a member here, Mr. Leif “Uffda” Aaland, Thank You bud you always made and still do make our day.

Thanks for the time ...

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down