Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing tool, Chatter marks from the inside of a black powder barrel

2 posters

Go down

Removing tool, Chatter marks from the inside of a black powder barrel  Empty Removing tool, Chatter marks from the inside of a black powder barrel

Post by CVA Fanboy 9/3/2023, 3:12 pm

I do not know I have never tried, I have kicked around different ideas, Polishing wax and patches and have thought of valve compound and patches, goes without saying the patches would be attached to brushes, NO drills/dremels I think they would take to much. For the 1:66 barrels. Jukar, Dikar the ones that just look awful and need a little TLC. I am very open to Ideas, suggestions, different input
CVA Fanboy
CVA Fanboy

biged and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Removing tool, Chatter marks from the inside of a black powder barrel  Empty Re: Removing tool, Chatter marks from the inside of a black powder barrel

Post by Winter Hawk 13/3/2023, 1:19 pm

I've lapped barrels with rubbing compound on a patch wrapped around a bore brush. 100 strokes in and out, followed by an oiled 3M "green scrubby" the same. Then a while back I heard about "Lead Away" cloth and ran some patches of that down the bores of both the Deer Creek rifle and the T-C. It made a huge difference in ease of loading.

Winter Hawk

CVA Fanboy likes this post

Back to top Go down