Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antique Flintlock Pistol

2 posters

Go down

Antique Flintlock Pistol Empty Antique Flintlock Pistol

Post by Buck Conner 24/5/2023, 2:53 pm

Here's one of our guns we sold a while back, (when your family has no interest in antique anything - no need to hang on  to them.)

“SHARPE” (1800-1840).

Antique Flintlock Pistol Sharpe10

I love the detail of some of these manufacturers, beautiful work. Look at the star bursts engraved on the lock plate, tang, and lock, nice touch

SHARPE was one of the better builders, have had several of their pistols and a number of their NW Trade Guns (hard to fine anymore). Barnett and several of the others we see for sale didn't have the quality of Sharpe.

Description

Flat lock plate with line border and feather cluster design behind cock; with a crown over “NR” and marked “SHARPE” (1800-1840).

Flat cock with beveled edges and line border. 8″ round .58 cal. barrel with Birmingham proofs, a series of stars, and marked “EXTRA/SHARPE/PROOF at breech; tang with line border and broad arrow stamp.

Brass furniture includes butt cap, ramrod thimbles, and side plate and trigger guard with engraved snowflake design. Silver wrist escutcheon crudely engraved with letters “CF”. Walnut stock with small crack on fore end; wood ramrod.
Metal parts cleaned.

These early trade pistols were highly prized by the Indian tribes. This exact gun is pictured in Lar Hothem’s “Rare and Unusual Indian Artifacts”, page 386.

Antique Flintlock Pistol Good_e11

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

uffda and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Antique Flintlock Pistol Empty Re: Antique Flintlock Pistol

Post by uffda 25/5/2023, 12:47 pm

Very nice! Just one issue I have, it may be antique but most anyone who knows me can pretty much expect if it were in my collection, I'd be at the range shooting it!. 😂 while the rest are cringing in 😲 shock. Sure is a great buy for a collection.
uffda
uffda

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 25/5/2023, 2:38 pm

uffda wrote:Very nice! Just one issue I have, it may be antique but most anyone who knows me can pretty much expect if it were in my collection,  I'd  be at the range shooting it!. 😂 while the rest are cringing in 😲 shock. Sure is a great buy for a collection.

It sold for $3,800.00 still want to play Uffda ???

Antique Flintlock Pistol Mysign10
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

Post by uffda 26/5/2023, 10:39 am

I'd still shoot it!
uffda
uffda

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down