Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox

4 posters

Go down

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Empty Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox

Post by Buck Conner Wed 10 Aug - 9:39

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox 39540210

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Black Powder Revolver in 36 caliber. Case Hardened Steel Frame.
That would wake up someone trying to get in your house and see the muzzle end of one of these ...

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox 27971910

https://youtu.be/RXPIRQ4GPYM

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox 45218010

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Bottom66

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Empty Re: Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox

Post by Winter Hawk Sun 14 Aug - 10:19

Were these being made "back in the day"? I had never heard of them until recently when Pietta came out with them. I figured they were one of those "might have been" pieces made for the cowboy impersonators.

That looks pretty big & heavy to me for being a vest pocket, hide out gun!

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner Sun 14 Aug - 11:31

Kees I think your correct about Pietta's idea.  Everything I have seen and referred to as a "Pepperbox" didn't look anything like their idea.

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox 220px-10

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox 220px-11

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Lossy-11

We have had dozens of the pepperboxes in the family antique store over the years (back in the 1960's they were cheap $200 range).

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Bottom71
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk Tue 16 Aug - 13:13

When I was a kid, my Mom and I would visit a widow friend of hers, a French lady. I was fascinated by a revolver she had on the bookshelf. It was like an under hammer pepperbox, made of brass IIRC. She said it came from France. I don't remember any nipples on it; it may have been a pin fire. Lots of rococo swirls on it, whether cast in or engraved I have no idea. This was around 1955 or maybe earlier.

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner Wed 17 Aug - 10:56

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox French10

These were very popular imports from France.
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk Thu 25 Aug - 15:26

That looks sort of like what I remember!  The one she had was double action, the trigger pulled the hammer down until it slipped loose and the hammer snapped up to fire it.  Neat photos!

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner Fri 26 Aug - 9:39

Winter Hawk wrote:That looks sort of like what I remember!  The one she had was double action, the trigger pulled the hammer down until it slipped loose and the hammer snapped up to fire it.  Neat photos!

~Kees~

That's the way most of these pepperbox's work.

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner Fri 28 Oct - 11:30

If you read what these so-called experts say, they will be stating this so-called Pepperbox was built in the day. These experts are just like many that attend rendezvous and use statements like "If they had it they would have used it", they missed that by 75-100 years off !@#$%^

This revolver is something that Pietta dreamed up in the last year or so (was never built in the day of the real pepperboxes). We have had several original collections of these little guns, strickley a belly gun.

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox
  • Caliber   .36 CALIBER
    Barrel   NO BARREL
    Trigger   SINGLE TRIGGER
    Pistol Stock   TWO PIECE WALNUT GRIP
    Pistol Frame   STEEL CONSTRUCTION
    Sights     FRONT POST
    Length     5.5" OVERALL LENGTH
    Ignition     PERCUSSION IGNITION
    Total Weight    1 LBS, 3 OZ
    Loading      NO LOADING LEVER
    Twist Rate     1:30" RATE OF TWIST
    Capacity      6

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Pictur11

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Pictur12

I still like the idea, looks mean and would get some attention when you open your front door with one of these in your hand.

Add additional pieces on the ram to take the 3 inch cylinder.

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Logo10

[/center]

Last edited by Buck Conner on Sat 5 Nov - 12:51; edited 2 times in total
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk Fri 28 Oct - 18:26

Yes sir, that would get someone's attention!

I was at the pharmacy today, picking up the Wife's meds. The girl helping me had a plastic cast-like thing on her foot & leg. I asked what happened. She had gone to visit her mom when she was forced off the road by some guy with a gun, who then beat her up. She has now become a believer in concealed carry! That Pietta would fill the bill nicely; well, maybe not for CC but the intimidation factor is huge!

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner Sat 29 Oct - 8:20

Brother, seeing this thing sticking out the window at you would make you run off the road ....

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Family10

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 Sat 29 Oct - 8:46

I never go anywhere without my sidekick!
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner Sat 29 Oct - 9:21

In 50 years of carrying (concealed and open) I have only had to draw the weapon three times.  Not bragging ...

Both times it was my Springfield double (18-inch barrels) in 16 gauge. On my own property dealing with guys stealing moss rock.

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Shotgu10

1.) A thief made the mistake of swinging a shovel at me. The old double turned out to be a good club in this case with the bad guy receiving a broken nose.  Uffda and my friend Ben Thompson thought I may go to jail for pointing a gun at this guy; never heard a thing about it.

2.) Another time (stealing rock again) was a want-a-bee bad ass having the muzzle put in his mouth (made his eyes double in size).   Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox 1f610.

3.) Stupid kid tried to break into my business, silent alarm woke me and I ran up the irrigation ditch from house to store (100 yards) and got so close that I laid the muzzle of the shotgun on his shoulder with his back to me. Then thumb cuffed him to the security bars on the window until sheriff got there. Uffda got a big kick out of this ...

No other problems, the word passed around Greeley Colorado pretty fast (don't go to Masonville there's a crazy guy with a sawed shotgun ... ).

Fun times back in the 1970's.

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Family11
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 Sat 29 Oct - 15:58

Buck Conner wrote:In 50 years of carrying (concealed and open) I have only had to draw the weapon three times.  Not bragging ...

Both times it was my Springfield double (18-inch barrels) in 16 gauge. On my own property dealing with guys stealing moss rock.

1.) A thief made the mistake of swinging a shovel at me. The old double turned out to be a good club in this case with the bad guy receiving a broken nose.  Uffda and my friend Ben Thompson thought I may go to jail for pointing a gun at this guy; never heard a thing about it.

2.) Another time (stealing rock again) was a want-a-bee bad ass having the muzzle put in his mouth (made his eyes double in size).   Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox 1f610.

3.) Stupid kid tried to break into my business, silent alarm woke me and I ran up the irrigation ditch from house to store (100 yards) and got so close that I laid the muzzle of the shotgun on his shoulder with his back to me. Then thumb cuffed him to the security bars on the window until sheriff got there. Uffda got a big kick out of this ...

No other problems, the word passed around Greeley Colorado pretty fast (don't go to Masonville there's a crazy guy with a sawed shotgun ... ).

Fun times back in the 1970's.

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox Family11

When I was an officer at the Trinidad State Prison(they call it  correctional facility, but that rarely happens) seems there was a good deal of scum sucking thieves in Greely and actually any surrounding community of Denver. Worse now!

One of the inmates I had control of was paroled after being a good boy and completing his time. One night about 4-6 weeks later I'm watching the evening news in bed, and low and behold the same guy was arrested for raping a female realty that was showing him some property. This time that lucky fellow went to Limon max security. Prison is nothing more than a rotating door for most.
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner Sat 29 Oct - 16:33

At my store near Estes Park CO, my manager was an ex-Navy Seal from Seal Team One. Had his right arm off at the forearm - left in Nam, learned to be a silversmith in rehab. Like many of these guys they had a weird sense of humor.

The outlaw biker gang "Sons of Silent" out of Colo. Springs found us and started having Ben make Turquoise & Silver belt buckles, arm bands and emblems with the HD logo for their club. These guys would show up once a month, paid cash and never had any issues with them (they were always packing). Good money. Heard lots of stories about their ventures, most weren't good tales with rapes and a few murders ...

LIEUTENANT JOE KENDA was always dogging the gang for unsolved crimes, once retired he is still working on unsolved crimes that the "Sons of Silent" were involved in. Kenda has a series on TV "Homicide Hunter".

Pietta 1851 Navy Pepperbox 42413810

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by CVA Fanboy Wed 15 Mar - 10:27

I like the look, Can not say as to If I would buy one they do function If asked kind of like a Hi-Point ugly sister that got ya across the finish line.
CVA Fanboy
CVA Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down