Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's All Show Our Priming Tools

2 posters

Go down

Let's All Show Our Priming Tools Empty Let's All Show Our Priming Tools

Post by Hanshi Mon 15 Nov - 12:36

I have various priming tools, the percussion I made them myself with the exception of an inline brass thingy which doesn't work and isn't used.  The flint primers were two purchased (brass) with the other two gifted.

Let's All Show Our Priming Tools DSC00506
Specifically the ones on the left & right.  R: musket cap primer.  L: #11 primer.  Everything pictured I made; except the horn which was just something I tinkered with.
Let's All Show Our Priming Tools PICT0568-zps9df29541
Hanshi
Hanshi

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Let's All Show Our Priming Tools Empty Re: Let's All Show Our Priming Tools

Post by Winter Hawk Wed 15 Dec - 12:34

I prime from the horn.  That's one less item to carry and/or lose. I had one of those brass things which meter out a small charge of FFFg powder, but with the humidity in Ketchikan (165" of rain a year, +/-) it would clog up big time, and eventually corroded inside.

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi Sat 18 Dec - 11:23

Yep, I know what you're talking about, Winter Hawk. In the humid SE (Georgia) mine always worked but did clog a bit if the spout touched the pan fouling too many times. As long as I didn't let it touch the fouled pan (use a finger and "pour" it into the pan) there rarely was a problem. #4 from the left is a tiny prime horn with no springs so it works every time. Being very slow, usually by the time I get the rifle reloaded the sun has already come out and dried everything off. Laughing
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down