Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little show and tell

3 posters

Go down

A little show and tell  Empty A little show and tell

Post by CO_MTNman 13/10/2021, 8:19 pm

A little show and tell  20211013

Going from top to bottom

.45 cal hawken type my grandpa built in the 70s

.54 cal Dixie gun works kit (my 2nd and most recent build)

.50 cal traditions kentucky "black bear" (my 1st ever build and also first blackpowder firearm, killed the fallow doe in my profile picture)
CO_MTNman
CO_MTNman

Back to top Go down

A little show and tell  Empty Re: A little show and tell

Post by Knifemaker3 13/10/2021, 8:59 pm

Nice!

Knifemaker3

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 15/10/2021, 10:01 am

Here's two GRRW.CA rifles built within the last few years, GRRW.CA J&S Hawken has been sold and the GRRW.CA Leman is for sale.
A little show and tell  Coning10
A little show and tell  Grrw_l10
I'm down to just one muzzleloader at time time, another GRRW.CA NW Trade Gun that Jonathan has been playing with. He has applied his skills to it like the others with a polished bore, coned muzzle, checked for speed of ignition, sighted in with different loads and finally applied the beautiful Birchwood Casey "Genuine Oil" finish. Now waiting for him to return my latest toy .... Very Happy

A little show and tell  Grrw_c12

GRRW.CA  H.E. Leman North West Trade Gun built by Doc White - [GRRW.CA #NW01 DGW].
See video's that Jon made.

This is my favorite NW gun, saw this one in the 1970's at the Denver Art Museum on display. What caught my eye was the size a .50 caliber smoothbore in mint condition (most are in the .60 caliber plus sizes). Charley Hanson tried to purchase this gun but never got the job done. It was in the Denver area seen at different shows for only a few years. I always remembered it and got Doc White to make a copy.

From Jonathan's testing, this is a good shooter for a smoothbore rifle, seems to like 3FFF with 70 grains and a .490 round ball with .015 thickness patching by Bridger's Best.

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down