Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With getting older you may need a change.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Empty Re: With getting older you may need a change.

Post by Mustang65 9/9/2023, 7:27 am

Hanshi wrote:Medical research is primarily privately funded.  The governments need to start setting up defenses to deal with the coming alien attacks.  They already have a good idea what solar system is the most likely to send a fleet, but there are billions of planets in the Milky Way. affraid

Tom ole buddy, you got s to cut down on doz medsWith getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Bubbaa10
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Empty Re: With getting older you may need a change.

Post by Buck Conner 9/9/2023, 10:21 am

Tom, that just plain sucks. You know, the government can spend money and put men on the mon, space stations, send vehicles to mars, waste money looking for new planets, or alien life, bu, they can't spend money to research better cures for diseases and health!

Once you get to retirement it is our duty to die ... don't forget this, your services have ended ...

With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Tlr_bu10
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 9/9/2023, 11:25 am

Right! I bucked the system and want to live long enough to make all the people who have been mean to me rue the day they were born.

We are already making use of alien technology but I fear they are holding back on the really good stuff. I have no idea what planet will invade. I just hope they don't kill everything. pirat
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 16/9/2023, 11:02 am

Well, you guys really perk me up! I have a minor back pain at times and stumble to the bathroom periodically during the night, but otherwise I am good. Lucky or good genes, or reading the Bible daily, I don't know what but I have NOTHING to complain about. My Sweetie on the other hand, has more than enough pain issues for both of us.

Now I will go in the back yard and split firewood.

Winter Hawk

Hanshi, Buck Conner and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 16/9/2023, 11:43 am

Multiple night time trips to the bathroom is sorta "standard fare" for...Ahem! mature adults such as we.  Just my experience, but if you're in your 60s or older and don't hurt at least somewhere, just look around for a pile of coal and a shovel, or if you have lived a righteous life just look in a mirror to see if you have wings.  That about sums it up.  Our friend, Pain, will always be by our side.  You can't run away from it, you can not get rid of it and you can't really safely dull it down to a barely noticeable minor thing.  You can, however, complain loudly and constantly but even that doesn't work.

There is a saying from the 1960s that bears mentioning, for what it's worth.  It goes like this: KEEP ON TRUCKING
Hanshi
Hanshi

Buck Conner and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 16/9/2023, 4:34 pm

Hanshi wrote:Multiple night time trips to the bathroom is sorta "standard fare" for...Ahem! mature adults such as we.  Just my experience, but if you're in your 60s or older and don't hurt at least somewhere, just look around for a pile of coal and a shovel, or if you have lived a righteous life just look in a mirror to see if you have wings.  That about sums it up.  
I share the same number of trips nightly, like said "standard fare", this always lets me lookout I then  check the surroundings for unusual activity. Then go back to bed and try to go to sleep ...

Our friend, Pain, will always be by our side.
Underline this remark ...

With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Newlog37
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 17/9/2023, 2:34 pm

I remember what a friend said in a long ago conversation, "Old folks sit around and talk about their operations".  We've proven that point already.  

I'm still hurting from that bad fall I took on the 22nd of August.  The nose is still pretty sore from the hard impact with the street and it cost me a toe nail.  But I'm sure I'll be all healed up from it before too long.  But I cannot take my cane and go for a walk alone anymore, way too risky.  And there is the thing about me passing out briefly at times.  Earlier in the summer I had a wreck but don't remember what happened.  A witness said it looked like I was passed out before I hit the light pole.  The car (cah in Maine speak) was injured but I was not, probably because it was very slow speed.  I won't ever drive again, that's for sure.

Anybody know about "ocular migraines"?  I have them but thankfully it's rare.  The first one was well over 20 years ago at a friends wedding.  The symptoms are the same except that instead of crippling headaches I go....well, blind.  It's the same vise-like head pressure, nausea and I feel pretty bad afterward.  I had just a few more over the years and I'll include several, what I call, near misses.  In fact the doctor said he would pull my DL  if I had another bad one.  It would have certainly been awful to have one driving.  So far it has been years since I've even had a mild one.  I think I have "outgrown" them.  I really feel sorry for those afflicted with migraines.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 18/9/2023, 5:34 pm

I guess at 75 I am very fortunate. Due to a kidney I lost about 7 years ago, I drink 60-90 oz of water and coffee per day. Most times I only get up in the early AM, most times only when I have to go when I get out of bed between 6-7 AM. Can't really complain about what little pain I do have.
Mustang65
Mustang65

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 19/9/2023, 8:38 am

My work as an LEO and owning a dojo long ago got me use to working night shifts most all the time. With the dojo classes went on to 9:00 pm. So I've spent decades staying up late and worse. It's a hard habit to shake and I still only get in bed by 11:30 pm and when distracted I might stay up far later. But I now can sleep late and typically get up around 8:00 am to 8:30 am. On occasion I've slept until close to 10:00 am. Old habits die hard. Now long retired and crippled up I just want more sleep and need more than I used to. Oh, well. Wink
Hanshi
Hanshi

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 20/9/2023, 10:14 am

Ocular migraines? I learned about those last February when one day I had patches in my vision where it shimmered, like looking through a window with water running on it. Ophthalmologist had me come in. When he heard that it happens in both eyes, he determined that I have ocular migraines. If they were retinal, it would only be in one eye. For me they last about half an hour, and recur maybe once every two weeks. The vision patches vary where they are in my field of vision. Hanshi and I have our own light shows! A pain in the butt sometimes; I had to wait in the Walmart parking lot the other day until one stopped, just so I could see to drive.

What I have read about them, the preferred name now is "migraine with aura." Ocular migraine is SO passe'....

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 20/9/2023, 1:57 pm

Yep, that is a good description of what it's like.  Mine were somewhat frequent for a while but it now has been years since I had one.  I once describe it as like looking through a window made from shattered glass.  My squeeze had to lead me around like I was, and I guess I was, a blind man.  Once it looked to me as if I was looking down through water in a swimming pool toward the bottom.  Swirly and very disorienting.   Shocked
Hanshi
Hanshi

Winter Hawk and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 20/9/2023, 6:25 pm

VA is sending me to an Ophthalmologist tomorrow to determine if cataracts need removal. The last optometrist the VA sent me to also asked me about the "halo's" that would occur every so often, and told me they were ocular migraines. Told her they didn't cause any headaches, just like a halo or hologram in my vision. Very infrequent so no big deal and will disappear in a matter of minutes. Apparently not a big deal since I can still put 2 shots touching at 80 yds.....with glasses on of course.
Mustang65
Mustang65

Winter Hawk and Hanshi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 22/9/2023, 10:51 am

Hanshi wrote:There is a saying from the 1960s that bears mentioning, for what it's worth.  It goes like this: KEEP ON TRUCKING

Like said I keep this saying in the back of my mind, KEEP ON TRUCKING, Amen folks ...

With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Sign-o10
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 22/9/2023, 11:00 am

Heading to Jonathan's in Eads, Colorado for the weekend.
Going to demolition derby today and Sunday picking up some more
chickens, and maybe some ducks, geese and Guineas(the birds, not the Italians)LOL!
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 22/9/2023, 11:18 am

Mustang65 wrote: Guineas (the birds, not the Italians) LOL!

Cheap shot Stan ....  With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 1f609

With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Sign-o12
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 23/9/2023, 8:49 am

Buck Conner wrote:
Mustang65 wrote: Guineas (the birds, not the Italians) LOL!

Cheap shot Stan ....  With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 1f609

With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Sign-o12

With getting older you may need a change. - Page 2 Calm10
Mustang65
Mustang65

Buck Conner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2