Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traditions Shenandoah

Go down

Traditions Shenandoah Empty Traditions Shenandoah

Post by Winter Hawk 27/10/2022, 1:39 pm

I just traded an Mossberg Patriot in .308 which I had been trying to sell on several other sites, with lots of views but no nibbles, for a .50 Traditions Shenandoah. I was surprised at the quality of this Spanish made rifle. It was unfired and looks it. The barrel is pinned in place and there is nothing fancy, no patchbox for example. I took the lock off and was impressed with how clean the parts are. Even unset, the trigger pull isn't bad. Sights are fixed, flat top, square notch in the rear and brass blade up front.

The stock is well finished. The comb is a tad too high for me. With a comfortable cheek weld, my line of sight is over the sights. I may try installing higher sights; otherwise I would need to rasp the comb down a little and I really don't want to mess up the finish by doing that. While it's not a High End gun, I am impressed with how good it is!

No photos yet. I showed it to Carol and she immediately wanted me to hang it in the living room in place of another rifle I had there. It is a lot "prettier" in her eyes than anything else I have!

Our schedule with doctor visits is pretty full for the next month, but I hope to be able to slip out to the range and see how she shoots.

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down