Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CVA & Traditions interchangeability

3 posters

Go down

CVA & Traditions interchangeability Empty CVA & Traditions interchangeability

Post by Winter Hawk 17/6/2023, 1:00 pm

I've been curious if the CVA & Traditions locks & trigger assemblies would interchange since they both come from the same factory in Spain. Since I now have a Traditions Shenandoah, I decided to try swapping these between it and the Deer Creek rifle (which was a renamed CVA Mountain Rifle). The trigger assemblies are the same, exactly. The CVA lock plate has a small tit at the back end while the Traditions' is rounded. The Traditions lock fits in the Deer Creek mortise, but the Deer Creek (CVA) can't quite fit in the Shenandoah.

So, if you are rebuilding a CVA, try look for replacement parts from Traditions. At least for the Mountain Rifle....

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

CVA & Traditions interchangeability Empty Re: CVA & Traditions interchangeability

Post by FrontierGander 17/6/2023, 8:35 pm

The hawken triggers from a cva hawken will not fit into a traditions hawken. It's one of those games of, try it and see.
FrontierGander
FrontierGander
Admin

https://bs-bp.forumotion.com

uffda and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

CVA & Traditions interchangeability Empty Re: CVA & Traditions interchangeability

Post by uffda 18/6/2023, 6:04 pm

Thanks for the update. I have a few of them myself. 👍
uffda
uffda

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down