Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE on GRRW Collectors Association

Go down

UPDATE on GRRW Collectors Association  Empty UPDATE on GRRW Collectors Association

Post by Buck Conner 13/4/2023, 10:02 am

UPDATE 2023 on GRRW Collectors Association

It has been a long time since being here, what we want to get done and what we get finished are two different subjects anymore.

The last two years have really slowed down for the gunsmiths at GRRW Collectors Association. Between the four gunsmiths (now three with Doc moving on to greener pastures) there were only a few rifles to build. But overall, for four guys in their late 70's to mid 80's they have shined as Phil can tell you. From 2017 to 2021 they have built over (110) rifled rifles, (1) smoothbore NW gun and a couple Trapper Pistols. Not bad for the times with all the parts issues or lack of - Biden's plan to pay folks not to work has really hurt the different industries (muzzle loading parts included).

It's nice to see the "Muzzleloader" website is still active.

Update:
The GRRW.CA website needs to be updated since Doc passed on, Carl Walker has slowed down with a few health issues, Les Bennett is still building (using up parts gotten for pay back in GRRW days), between church work and looking out for the village kids Ron Paull is still busy as always. I get requests on guns but with the cost of parts and labor that seems to end those thoughts. We used to build a Leman 1/2 stock for $675 in parts (shipping not included) and $750 labor now the same rifle (when we find parts) $900 in parts (shipping not included) and $1.000 labor. Biden's plans are as bad as Carter's or worse (tough times even for muzzleloaders).

I'll leave you folks alone (I seem to get upset with what we are dealing with anymore). Anyway, if any of you need information on the Northwest Trade Gun my old book is now available on Amazon-Kindle network, "Success in The North American Fur Trade" third printing, still recommended by the Library of US Congress for students of the fur trade.

• ASIN ‏ : ‎ B0BW23RYS2
• Publisher ‏ : ‎ Independently published (November 23, 2022)
• Language ‏ : ‎ English
• Paperback ‏ : ‎ 292 pages
• ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 979-8834308638
• Item Weight ‏ : ‎ 1.86 pounds
• Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 8.5 x 0.66 x 11 inches
• Best Sellers Rank: #2,378,729 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
o #1,720 in Ancient & Classical Literature
o #49,895 in Classic Literature & Fiction
Sorry for the plug on book, was asked if I would put it on Kindle by members here.

UPDATE on GRRW Collectors Association  31p1uq10

Thank you folks, for your time.

Buck Conner

UPDATE on GRRW Collectors Association  Winter24

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Muzzlestuffer and uffda like this post

Back to top Go down