Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES!

4 posters

Go down

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! Empty COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES!

Post by Mustang65 27/5/2023, 7:48 am

Looks like the Gay Governor of Colorado is adhering to Bidens agenda of eliminating hunting & fishing in certain states!
I've lived in Colorado over 30 years and this past winter was not the worst in 70 years....ONE OF THEIR LIES!!
About 25 years ago the snow was so bad, at dealerships and private homes the roofs of vehicles were caving in. And they did not reduce licenses or shorten seasons!

Here is the article:Colorado Parks and Wildlife reduces big-game hunting licenses and shortens season dates due to extreme winter conditions
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

uffda likes this post

Back to top Go down

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! Empty Re: COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES!

Post by Buck Conner 27/5/2023, 10:29 am

What a bunch of baloney, you guys need to vote your pink panties governor out of office. !@#$%^

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! Sign-o32
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Muzzlestuffer, uffda and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 27/5/2023, 10:53 am

Buck Conner wrote:.

What a bunch of baloney, you guys need to vote your pink panties governor out of office. !@#$%^

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! Sign-o32

Too many fruitcakes in Denver, Boulder, Golden, Greeley.......
Mustang65
Mustang65

Muzzlestuffer and uffda like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by uffda 27/5/2023, 11:26 am

Outlaw the dope and all fruitcakes will leave. We tried, now he's term limited. Sad thing is he wants to run for president. Even sadder is he just might win. I'm Crying or Very sad
uffda
uffda

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by uffda 27/5/2023, 2:15 pm

By the way, to follow up, the real reason big game licensing applications are reduced is to afford more wild game opportunities for the WOLVES that are being reintroduced to this state. Na, can't be . Marlin? Pinky pants governor's cell mates environmental pursuits. Thanks for legal dope and letting these bums VOTE. I'll be nice now. God bless America and remember why we remember ( decoration day) now known as Memorial day.
uffda
uffda

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 28/5/2023, 2:05 pm

uffda wrote:By the way, to follow up, the real reason big game licensing applications are reduced is to afford more wild game opportunities for the WOLVES that are being reintroduced to this state.  Na, can't  be . Marlin? Pinky pants governor's cell mates environmental pursuits. Thanks for legal dope and letting these bums VOTE. I'll be nice now. God bless America and remember why we remember ( decoration day) now known as Memorial day.

The Cattlemen's Association use to control these fools in Denver for years, what happened to them. When still involved with the CSMLA we had several meeting a year to let everyone clear the air, the wolves were a big concern then.

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! Damn_o12
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

uffda and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! Empty Re:

Post by Hanshi 29/5/2023, 11:39 am

Yeah, yeah, okay.  BUT it's still NOT California! bounce
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 29/5/2023, 12:59 pm

Hanshi wrote:Yeah, yeah, okay.  BUT it's still NOT California! bounce

Hanshi, years ago with the Cattlemen's Association lobbied for us to shoot the wolves.

A small group of us hunted in the northeast corner of Colorado (between four) we shot 5 adult wolves and got paid $50 a piece from the association. The good old days ...

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! Wolves10

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! Sign-o34

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Hanshi, uffda and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 29/5/2023, 2:11 pm

Hanshi, it's getting closer. Denver is a s**thole now. Co. Springs is nearly the same.
Trinidad, CO., a town of 8000, has 43+ pot stores. Crime skyrocketed, murders increased, vagrants on every corner.
Vehicle, home, and business break-ins are common place. Robberies out of sight. And that's just one town.

Mustang65
Mustang65

uffda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 29/5/2023, 2:13 pm

Hey friend, haven't seen you on here in awhile. How's life treating you? Well I hope!
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 30/5/2023, 7:26 am

Actually, life is helping me move forward with the help of a size 12 steel-toe boot, if you know what I mean. I don't spend nearly as much time at the computer as I did the last couple of years. Getting to the range more often which missed doing the last year or so. Weather is getting nice up here, almost as nice as a Georgia winter. Really though we get lots of sun and and temps that range from, say, 68 to 88 with more commonly around the 70s.
Hope you are well, Mustang65, and looking forward to summer, getting the chance to burn more powder. My stocks of powder and ammo are modest but will last a good while. But don't worry, I'm still around.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 30/5/2023, 8:14 am

Hanshi wrote:Actually, life is helping me move forward with the help of a size 12 steel-toe boot, if you know what I mean.  I don't spend nearly as much time at the computer as I did the last couple of years.  Getting to the range more often which missed doing the last year or so.  Weather is getting nice up here, almost as nice as a Georgia winter.  Really though we get lots of sun and and temps that range from, say, 68 to 88 with more commonly around the 70s.  
Hope you are well, Mustang65, and looking forward to summer, getting the chance to burn more powder.  My stocks of powder and ammo are modest but will last a good while.  But don't worry, I'm still around.

Yes sir Tom. I have a pair of those size 12 steel toe logger boots(i get your drift).
happy to hear you're getting to the range more often. That indicates you are feeling better.
Was at the Kit Carson Rendezvous in Kit Carson Colorado with Jonathan. had a great time there.
Weather here is pretty good. Could use more rain though.
Me and my oldest son are trying to get a below ground green house done this year.
Would extend growing season in to winter season.
Trouble is at this elevation the sun just beats you down even when the temp is only around 70°.
My gun range on the property is up to 160yds., so we are going to make more trips to the NRA Whittington Center.
I need to dial in my CF's and shoot more.
Hope to see you around for a damned long time!! Maybe have that beer we talked about one time....LOL!
Take Care,
Stan
Mustang65
Mustang65

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 30/5/2023, 4:31 pm

Yep, I'd love to have that beer with you sooner rather than later. I'm from Georgia, born there and lived there for 62 years. I was used to the heat down there but to some it almost made them sick. I worked as a laborer a bit and the sun was not the only dangerous thing. The high humidity is what makes it so dangerous. I mean heat indexes of 110 to 125! I remember a UGA football recruit from Oklahoma and he was quite used to heat. But in Georgia he got [b]heat stroke[b]. These movies you sometimes see that were filmed there and you see all these actors soaked in sweat, That's actually the way it is.

I also have to have trees all around. I was an active forester for years. I ran a county unit and we fought wildfires - nothing like you guys have - and about half were arson and the calls came in in the wee hours of the morning when everyone was sleeping. I also cruised timber and had to give presentations in high schools and Jr. high; that was probably the worst part of the job.

100 yards is the longest range at our club. That's alright because we can put up smaller targets. Got several gongs downrange at various distances. I shoot my MLs exclusively except for occasional .22 rifle. I can't fire my cf rifles as the ammo - thousands of rounds of my reloads rifle & pistols - are with a friend in Virginia. I couldn't bring ammo or powder up in the moving truck and have been trying my best to find a way to get it all up here. I have got a tentative plan so we'll see. Yall take care of yourselves, okay?

Just plain Tom
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 30/5/2023, 4:53 pm

I know what you mean about humidity. Spent some time at Ft. Knox & Ft. Polk before the monsoons of jungle life....Lived in Texas for 7-8 years also.
You and your girl also take care, and sure hope your plan to retrieve comes to fruition soon. Would love to take a trip up your way...we'll see.
Mustang65
Mustang65

Hanshi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 30/5/2023, 5:09 pm

That would be super cool to meet you in person. I can no longer shoot that well due to tremors and lousy eyes. But I can still shoot! And sometimes I even hit what I'm shooting at. What a Face
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 30/5/2023, 5:44 pm

Hanshi wrote:That would be super cool to meet you in person.  I can no longer shoot that well due to tremors and lousy eyes.  But I can still shoot!  And sometimes I even hit what I'm shooting at.  What a Face

At least you're still shooting my friend. I have to have cataracts removed this year, it's time.
Always a win when you hit what your shooting at. Learned to throw the hawk this year and Jonathan said he's entering me in the hawk throw at next years rendezvous...LOL.
That would be super cool to meet you in person also!!! Where abouts you at in New England?
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 31/5/2023, 1:01 pm

I had my cataracts removed quite a few years ago. A couple-three years ago I had to have retinal surgery on my dominate eye. It did help some but didn't help another issue, double vision.

I live in Gardiner Maine just a few minutes south of Augusta; it's a small town of somewhere around 5,000 or so residents.

Tomas - Plain ol' Tom's evil twin.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 31/5/2023, 2:45 pm

Hanshi wrote:I had my cataracts removed quite a few years ago.  A couple-three years ago I had to have retinal surgery on my dominate eye.  It did help some but didn't help another issue, double vision.

I live in Gardiner Maine just a few minutes south of Augusta; it's a small town of somewhere around 5,000 or so residents.

Tomas  - Plain ol' Tom's evil twin.

I was having double vision until I got new glasses. But, doc said to have the cataracts removed soon.
So, I take it you still have a problem with double vision? That sucks!
Looks like you are close to the ocean. Must be beautiful in the fall. I remember back in PA & OH how beatuful the trees were in all the colors. Do any fishing in the ocean?
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 1/6/2023, 9:51 am

I have a prescription for glasses but right now don't think it's worth spending the $$ for a pair.  But if I get triple vision I can just aim at the middle target. Shocked

Fall around here can be gorgeous.  Mt. Katahdin & the terminus of the Appalachian Trail.
COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! 246522248-2932751830297243-4950202168481375086-n
A bit later
COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! 248975370-10223106181297250-7454748770540061317-n
Winter.
COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! DSC00349
Snow in Virginia!
COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES & DATES! DSC00241
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 1/6/2023, 10:50 am

Tom, it's good to see that your sense of humor is still holding on. I never thought of it that way, but, you are correct, poi center...lol.
Gorgeous photos!
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 1/6/2023, 1:08 pm

I had both lenses replaced in my eyes a few years ago, worked great for the first two years. Now going on fourth year and at times my eyesight is a little fuzzy ... Have an appointment to get them checked in a week ...
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 1/6/2023, 2:25 pm

Good luck on that, Buck. My lenses helped really well and especially with my dominate right eye. But my sight degraded after a couple of years and I developed a blind spot right at the direct focus point. Eye doc said I had a "pucker" which means instead of a normal retina I had a little....well, pucker which kept me from seeing the front sight which was just a dark circle or "blind spot".

I was put under just briefly so they could give me a numbing shot in the eye. Since I had to have my eyes open during the surgery I was only put in La La Land. Someone was helping hold my eyes open and all I wanted was just to close them and sleep. It did help me see to focus but was certainly not a silver bullet. I have to wear low power reading glasses to see the front sight but I CAN at least see it. I have to use pretty strong reading glasses to read or see anything up close.
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanshi 1/6/2023, 3:23 pm

Mustang65 wrote:Tom, it's good to see that your sense of humor is still holding on. I never thought of it that way, but, you are correct, poi center...lol.
Gorgeous photos!

I'm very serious about humor and it's no laughing matter. Suspect
Hanshi
Hanshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 1/6/2023, 3:41 pm

Hanshi wrote:
Mustang65 wrote:Tom, it's good to see that your sense of humor is still holding on. I never thought of it that way, but, you are correct, poi center...lol.
Gorgeous photos!

I'm very serious about humor and it's no laughing matter. Suspect
bounce cheers
Mustang65
Mustang65

Hanshi and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down