Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot

Go down

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot Empty How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot

Post by Buck Conner 9/8/2021, 10:15 am

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot

We get asked this question when one of these fine rifles become available on one of the auction sites.

A simple answer is:
  • How good do you shoot?
    Can you hold a group at distance?
    What kind of offhand shooting have you done?
    Can you shoot under pressure from other shooters?

As you can see these are the simple questions, then it gets harder as you go along. The best answer is "Practice", "Practice", "Practice" then more Practice. Then with any LUCK you may have a snowballs chance of getting on the target and doing it several times is where the "Practice" will tell the story.

I'm not bragging, get this straight. I've been shooting black powder and modern ammo since I was 5 or 6 years old (my family have always hunted and been on the shooting range as long as I can remember). If it would go "bang" we had one and shot the heck out of it.

Here's an example of what a GRRW Leman (percussion) rifle in .50 caliber built in 1976 will do. This was  at "The Colorado State Shoot" Leadville, CO. in 1981. An 8 shot match with 1 sighter shot making a total of 9 shots in this target at 50 yards.

The second target won the match with a perfect score. What did it take to do this was years of "Practice" and some Good Luck.

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot Target10
.50 caliber GRRW Leman Trade Rifle (50 Yards - 1st Place)

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot Target11
.40 caliber GRRW Leman Squirrel Rifle (25 Yards - 1st Place)

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot Grrw_c24

Mad

Last edited by Buck Conner on 16/10/2022, 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot Empty Re: How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot

Post by Buck Conner 9/8/2021, 10:29 am

At another shoot using a .58 cal. GRRW Leman Trade Rifle we had some success.

After an hour of shooting we are down to three shooters with the others being bumped out. Now we are working on the long distance shots - 170 yards and the final will be the 200 yard shot. After several rounds one guy has fallen off the list with his last shot. Now it's between an old friend Bob Williams and myself, we are shooting at the 200 yard piece of barn wood (12 inches wide by 14-16 inches long). Looks pretty small at this distance, but the prizes are either a $250.00 check or a new T/C Hawken - not bad. This final shot is who gets closes to the X on the board. Remember 200 yards and closes to the X.

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot 1984_s12

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot 1984_s13

Like mentioned before, it's Practice every chance you get year around. Beware this will cause your current wife to pack and leave - (1st GONE - 2nd GONE - 3rd She's a wonderful gal and still stands behind me ...) EXPENSIVE COURSE OF ACTION GUYS.

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot Grrw_c25

Rolling Eyes    cyclops

Last edited by Buck Conner on 16/10/2022, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 9/8/2021, 12:54 pm

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot 1f600

Let's face it guys, these guns (no matter who made them) will shoot better than we will ever be able to hold them steady. Skill levels are always the "key" to getting good results - PRACTICE - PRACTICE - PRACTICE - this will be the answer to almost anything you pickup or handle. AND it applies to almost eveything we do, the more PRACTICE the better the results. I must say this at least a dozen times a month when with you guys and gals.....

The biggest thing I personally notice now at my age is lack of strength. As we get older we will all find this is an issue. My doctors want me to lift weights, run, walk and all the things that are good for us (sounds great). But at a point in your life your going to find your going down hill and there is no return - sad but true.....   How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot 1f44e I'm still shooting when I have the time, not the good targets of a few years ago but still able to keep them in the scoring rings at 50 yards.  Smile

How Well Did The GRRW Lemans Shoot 1f619

Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down