Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting video project - Washington

5 posters

Go down

Hunting video project - Washington  Empty Hunting video project - Washington

Post by Sixgun_Symphony 15/12/2021, 10:25 pm

I contacted the Washington State Muzzleloaders Association about doing a film project. I left messages on their posted phone numbers yesterday and Michael Moran called me back earlier today. I brought up my ideas about starting the "day at the range" videos in Spring, then move on to hunting videos in Autumn.

My vision is producing hunting videos where large game like elk, moose, bear, and buffalo are taken with traditional muzzle loading firearms. I am very much NOT interested in modern inline ML rifles.

If anyone wants to participate, let me know.
Sixgun_Symphony
Sixgun_Symphony

Back to top Go down

Hunting video project - Washington  Empty Re: Hunting video project - Washington

Post by Buck Conner 17/12/2021, 8:33 am

Sixgun_Symphony wrote:My vision is producing hunting videos where large game like elk, moose, bear, and buffalo are taken with traditional muzzle loading firearms. I am very much NOT interested in modern inline ML rifles.

I have to agree about in-line muzzleloaders, have taken only one in trade then sold the same day.  If this was 15-20 years earlier I would be knocking on your door (I was still hunting our game mentioned with traditional muzzle loaders and still do).

Hunting video project - Washington  Barryb10

Last edited by Buck Conner on 14/1/2022, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

Back to top Go down

Hunting video project - Washington  Empty Re: Hunting video project - Washington

Post by CVA Fanboy 13/1/2022, 6:15 pm

I have no hang ups on In-Lines, Flintlocks or Percussion. I own a few now I will admit the In-Lines see more use during snow/rain terrible days, My percussion/Flints sunshine, cloudy no snow/rain.
CVA Fanboy
CVA Fanboy

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 14/1/2022, 9:17 am

CVA Fanboy wrote:I have no hang ups on In-Lines, Flintlocks or Percussion. I own a few now I will admit the In-Lines see more use during snow/rain terrible days, My percussion/Flints sunshine, cloudy no snow/rain.

Always seems to be some kind of hang up on inlines....don't know why anyone would criticize you for using an inline. I like traditionals simply for their unique looks.
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

CVA Fanboy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 14/1/2022, 1:09 pm

I have traded muzzleloaders (traditional and antiques) in and out of business for over 65 years. Have only had one in-line in our shop since they first made the scene with Doc White's new invention (an in-line modification).  I have owned only one in-line, a Remington 700. Took it in trade to make the sale, had it sold before trade and then sold it the same day (have never shot one). To much like a modern rifle ...  That's the primitive life style we lived in PA and CO.

In Colorado we fought the use of them through the State Muzzle Loading Association (organized in 1968), the Governor was behind us for both of his terms. We the CSMLA thought everything on the subject was settled, then Sturm Ruger came in the backdoor and donated $100K to feed the deer and elk. In the deal the DOW let in-lines come in through the same door. We didn't find out about it until the DOW had an open meeting at 6060 Broadway in Denver. We were screwed about the issue and still are.

Hunting video project - Washington  Use_th20
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 14/1/2022, 4:38 pm

As long as we can draw youngsters, and more men and women in to the sport of shooting and hunting, I see no reason to limit or condemn based on the type of pistol or rifle used.
All are welcome here to tell their stories, share their knowledge and have fun!
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 14/1/2022, 7:43 pm

Mustang65 wrote:As long as we can draw youngsters, and more men and women in to the sport of shooting and hunting, I see no reason to limit or condemn based on the type of pistol or rifle used.
All are welcome here to tell their stories, share their knowledge and have fun!

That's true Stan, but these new folks to the sport need to know the trials and tribulations (difficult experiences, problems, etc. the trials and tribulations of starting a new season made) what the old guys went through to just get them a season to use black powder.

The bow hunters in this state had the season given to them and put on the books while the black powder folks have to lobby every three years to keep the season in this state as well as a few other states.

The CSMLA have foot the bill for dinners, booze, and showing the Wildlife Commission a good time to just get a few extra tags $$$ over a few decades.

The Colorado Muzzle Loading Season is not a freebie by any means. I was there and did whatever was needed along with the rest of the old group (most have passed on now, only a few of us left to remind the new guys what we went through to provide a season).  Sorry for going off on you bud .... Rolling Eyes

Hunting video project - Washington  Use_th22
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 16/1/2022, 9:16 am

I understand what you're saying. That is not what I commented. Again, we don't condemn anyone for using a side-lock, flintlock, wheel-lock or inline. They don't need to see fighting amongst members over trivial crap like in-lines and traditional. They are going to have questions on all and the experience of older members on all types of weapons, hunting tecniques, etc. will be invaluable to them. We all fought for some things we believed in. Look how it turned out.
BTW. You didn't go off on me. Friends are friends.
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 16/1/2022, 10:00 am

Mustang65 wrote:I understand what you're saying. That is not what I commented. Again, we don't condemn anyone for using a side-lock, flintlock, wheel-lock or inline. They don't need to see fighting amongst members over trivial crap like in-lines and traditional. They are going to have questions on all and the experience of older members on all types of weapons, hunting tecniques, etc. will be invaluable to them. We all fought for some things we believed in. Look how it turned out.

"They don't need to see fighting amongst members"  No-one is fighting Stan folks need to know what it took to get them to where they are today. There are NO FREE RIDES like some assumed there is and don't think about.  These season no matter what the weapon were gotten by the sportsmen lobbying for them. Someone or a group had to do this to get what we see today and need keep that in their memory bank. Like said - There are NO FREE RIDES.

Hunting video project - Washington  Huntin23
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 16/1/2022, 10:08 am

There are NO FREE RIDES.

I hear new guys thinking (talking about) that these season are just there, they don't realize what an effort it took and still needs to be watched for any changes that one of our wonderful elected officials deems needed. !@#$%^  

Hell you see this all the time as you well know with what goes on in Washington.  If they had there way there would be no hunting, fishing or National Parks, etc.  

"Sixgun" would be jailed for his suggestions.

Hunting video project - Washington  Huntin24
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 16/1/2022, 1:17 pm

Buck Conner wrote:
Mustang65 wrote:I understand what you're saying. That is not what I commented. Again, we don't condemn anyone for using a side-lock, flintlock, wheel-lock or inline. They don't need to see fighting amongst members over trivial crap like in-lines and traditional. They are going to have questions on all and the experience of older members on all types of weapons, hunting tecniques, etc. will be invaluable to them. We all fought for some things we believed in. Look how it turned out.

"They don't need to see fighting amongst members"  No-one is fighting Stan folks need to know what it took to get them to where they are today. There are NO FREE RIDES like some assumed there is and don't think about.  These season no matter what the weapon were gotten by the sportsmen lobbying for them. Someone or a group had to do this to get what we see today and need keep that in their memory bank. Like said - There are NO FREE RIDES.

Hunting video project - Washington  Huntin23

I don't need to be preached to about "NO FREE RIDE"!! I know all too well about "NO FREE RIDES". And so do the men and women that served with me!
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by CVA Fanboy 28/1/2022, 3:55 pm

In Line-Flint-Percussion. I careless it all goes boom, spitting a clot of lead, that punches holes. I will say as I age In Lines are becoming friendly. Now I still enjoy Flints and Percussion, eh aging eyes need that scope assist for the clear targets.
CVA Fanboy
CVA Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 28/1/2022, 4:23 pm

CVA Fanboy wrote:In Line-Flint-Percussion. I careless it all goes boom, spitting a clot of lead, that punches holes. I will say as I age In Lines are becoming friendly. Now I still enjoy Flints and Percussion, eh aging eyes need that scope assist for the clear targets.

Well that is the same way I feel about it too.. The powder & bullet goes down the muzzle and makes it go boom. To each his own. It's like the arguments between a Chevy, Ford, Dodge etc. One says Dodge, one says Chevy, one says Ford....fact is they are all made from the same Chinese parts today.
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by CVA Fanboy 23/2/2022, 8:03 pm

Mustang65 wrote:
CVA Fanboy wrote:In Line-Flint-Percussion. I careless it all goes boom, spitting a clot of lead, that punches holes. I will say as I age In Lines are becoming friendly. Now I still enjoy Flints and Percussion, eh aging eyes need that scope assist for the clear targets.

Well that is the same way I feel about it too.. The powder & bullet goes down the muzzle and makes it go boom.  To each his own. It's like the arguments between a Chevy, Ford, Dodge etc. One says Dodge, one says Chevy, one says Ford....fact is they are all made from the same Chinese parts today.

Ya got that right. Chinese manufacture America, I have been told tales of when WE Americans did that. Truth be told we need to do it again.
CVA Fanboy
CVA Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 24/2/2022, 8:40 am

CVA Fanboy wrote:
Mustang65 wrote:

Well that is the same way I feel about it too.. The powder & bullet goes down the muzzle and makes it go boom.  To each his own. It's like the arguments between a Chevy, Ford, Dodge etc. One says Dodge, one says Chevy, one says Ford....fact is they are all made from the same Chinese parts today.

Ya got that right. Chinese manufacture America, I have been told tales of when WE Americans did that. Truth be told we need to do it again.

There was a time in this Country: Computer components were made by Packard Bell, HP, Radio Shack, IBM, etc.
Appliances: Frigidaire, Kenmore, GE, Phillips, RCA, and so many more. Were made right here in America.
Auto parts and electrical: Packard used to make electrical for vehicles. Tire companies, plastics for everything were made by companies in America!
Today we have a supply problem, due to we don't manufacture anything, except whining by people that want and think they deserve everything for free, and are too damned lazy to work.
I said years ago, China was going to bite this Country in the ass....and the communist democrats....well here it is!
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Hawk 27/2/2022, 5:46 pm

And the choir said, "AMEN!"

~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 27/2/2022, 6:40 pm

Winter Hawk wrote:And the choir said, "AMEN!"

~Kees~

No preaching....just stating facts that most are to dumb to recognize.
Mustang65
Mustang65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down