Buckskins & Black Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life.

4 posters

Go down

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Empty An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life.

Post by Buck Conner 25/3/2023, 3:24 pm

SUBJECT: An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life.

“Old Lady Leman”.

I have an old H.E. Leman Trade Rifle [era 1851 – 1852] that needs some help to make her whole again.

Meet this old gal, ‘Mrs. Leman’ better known as “Old Lady Leman”.

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Old_la10

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Old_la11

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Old_la12

A new Colerain Barrel.44-1/4 inch in length, in 50 caliber with matching breech plug, under lugs, and new barrel pins. Replace the old percussion lock with an L&R Leman percussion lock, all finished with the old appearance of the rifles age.

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Old_la13

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Old_la15

After rethinking this idea, the gun is more valueable left alone, bad idea ....

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Oldman10

Last edited by Buck Conner on 4/4/2023, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumot

uffda and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Empty Re: An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life.

Post by Winter Hawk 31/3/2023, 7:18 am

NRA Poor condition? Considering what guns are going for post Covid-19, I doubt if you will make it lose its value by making it a shooter. If you save the original parts you can always return it to its former glory. In the meantime you can shoot it.

My two cents worth, and worth every penny!
~Kees~

Winter Hawk

Mustang65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Empty Re: An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life.

Post by Buck Conner 1/4/2023, 1:58 pm

I have a friend that's the great-great grandson of Porter Rockwell - the "Avenging Angel". Mormon Church founder Joseph Smith, Jr ‘s personal bodyguard, his business is located in the town I live in. John the g.g. grandson of Porter runs the museum here with many of Porter's items.  

I have donated items found when helping work on the stables of Rockwell's. This rifle would fit in the period of the museum, thinking about donating it to them where visitors can see what a real period gun looks like.

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Winter18
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

uffda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by uffda 3/4/2023, 1:43 pm

Leave as is and enjoy your wall hanger and the history of it. You can donate to the museum later. Rebuild a copy if you want a shooter. That's my 2pence, plus a bit.
uffda
uffda

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 4/4/2023, 9:14 am

uffda wrote:Leave as is and enjoy your wall hanger and the history of it. You can donate to the museum later. Rebuild a copy if you want a shooter. That's my 2pence, plus a bit.

That sounds good Uffda, but there's a bigger issue. We have been looking for all the parts for an
H.E. Leman build and everyone of our suppliers are sold out. TOTW told us they have never seen the supply and demand market like this. I can find a few items, but barrels, wood, and most of the hardware are not available at this time.

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Oldman11
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

uffda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by uffda 6/4/2023, 1:46 pm

Find a blacksmith. May need to revive the old ways, with out relying on a slow Junk floating across the waters of the far east.
uffda
uffda

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang65 7/4/2023, 8:21 am

Buck Conner wrote:
uffda wrote:Leave as is and enjoy your wall hanger and the history of it. You can donate to the museum later. Rebuild a copy if you want a shooter. That's my 2pence, plus a bit.

That sounds good Uffda, but there's a bigger issue. We have been looking for all the parts for an
H.E. Leman build and everyone of our suppliers are sold out. TOTW told us they have never seen the supply and demand market like this. I can find a few items, but barrels, wood, and most of the hardware are not available at this time.

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Oldman11
As I see it, it is only going to get worse. This phony Pandemic was just a practice run to see how the population would react to authoritarian rule!! Well, more than half the Country fell on their knees and gave their freedom to the government.
Mustang65
Mustang65

https://www.mountaingnome.com

uffda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by uffda 7/4/2023, 12:11 pm

Right on. However, re-read the Declaration of Independence. The 🐼 pandemic was a trial run. They learned, guestion is...have we as a people? Old ways of living wasn't comfortable. However I am guilty as the rest, as I was comfortable in my own compliancy. It's,to me, the lessons of yesteryear that may get us through the tough times which may be right around the corner. If not only for ourselves but our posterity.
uffda
uffda

Buck Conner and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Conner 8/4/2023, 10:37 am

uffda wrote:Right on. However, re-read the Declaration of Independence. The 🐼 pandemic was a trial run. They learned, guestion is...have we as a people? Old ways of living wasn't comfortable. However I  am guilty as the rest, as I  was comfortable in my own compliancy. It's,to me, the lessons of yesteryear that may get us through the tough times which may be right around the corner. If not only for ourselves but our posterity.

Damn Uffda, hated those cold mornings and taking a bath in the stream next to the cabin. Use to see others doing the same, then running as fast as possible to their fire to get warm ... It was a hard time for bathroom needs in the wild, but I lived through those years.

WARNING: Just don't use Sears catalog pages (slippery - don't know which way the page will slide ... !@#$%^&).

An old new project - "Old Lady Leman" gets new life. Winter19
Buck Conner
Buck Conner

uffda and Mustang65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down